This must-attend event provides a valuable opportunity to discuss how brands are tackling the new wave of social unrest and activism which continues to grow.
As we take this time to curate our latest programme, discover our 2023 agenda.
This session will recreate a real time crisis and issues scenario using...
This session will recreate a real time crisis and issues scenario using the latest simulation technology software available. It is designed to provide an understanding of how comms professionals can address the challenges of AI, based on SEC Newgate’s most recent client experience. During the hour long session, you will be faced with an unfolding series of business critical decisions that will both inform and educate, and challenge your ability to tackle a real crisis.
Public activism is on the rise around the globe. The UK hasn’t...
Public activism is on the rise around the globe. The UK hasn’t seen this scale of unrest since the 1980s, playing out both in the real world and online. As the public becomes increasingly more focused on social and environmental issues, brands and businesses must prepare to have both their business and values challenged. How can you best prepare for this new form of activism?
This panel will explore:
- How to prepare for the potential threat of activism - identifying risk and vulnerabilities
- How to define the tipping point: when campaigning could manifest to a crisis unravelling
- What steps need to be taken to align all aspects of the business in preparation and response
Behind the Ukrainian resilience: how my team went from working in bomb...
- Behind the Ukrainian resilience: how my team went from working in bomb shelters to opening new offices and growing despite the war
- What drove our comms, and how did we spread the truth about war aligning with the company's goals?
- Lessons learned and takeaways that can be followed
The politicisation of culture continues to grow, cancel culture remains a constant...
The politicisation of culture continues to grow, cancel culture remains a constant threat and the public trust in government and big business has plummeted as Covid and the cost of living crisis continues to take its toll. How should crisis communications professionals consider these challenges and adapt their responses? This panel will discuss:
- What fresh approaches can crisis communications professional take to influence the narrative and rebuild trust
- The role of influencers as trusted voices to rebuild confidence within communities
- How to manage individuals when they might go rogue, despite the best advice and intentions
- How to address negative attention in social media
Government communicators have to be ready to quickly respond to everything from...
Government communicators have to be ready to quickly respond to everything from natural disasters to cyber attacks - providing accurate information and advice to the public when they need it most.
Executive Directors Alex Aiken and Lisa Hunter from the Government Communication Service (GCS), will introduce the new Crisis Communication Operating Model. Building on the excellent work of government communicators in recent years, it sets out how GCS has professionalised its crisis communications response and clarified the structures, roles and responsibilities to enable communicators to prepare for, respond and recover from a crisis. Key to the model is the creation of a community of over 100 cross-government crisis communicators, who can be surged to where they are needed most during a crisis.
With the relentless pace that a crisis unravels, the mental wellbeing of...
With the relentless pace that a crisis unravels, the mental wellbeing of those managing the situation can often be neglected, and individuals are often reluctant to speak up. This session will provide a toolkit for mental resilience:
- What are the signs that you need to look out for in yourself and colleagues
- How to rehearse crisis situations to prepare mentally, emotionally and strategically
- Tips to help adapt in healthy ways in as a crisis heightens
What role will AI play in crisis prevention and management?What are the...
- What role will AI play in crisis prevention and management?
- What are the skills the next generation of crisis communication professionals will be bringing to the workforce?
- How can we best navigate the divide within a diverse multigenerational workforce to the best advantage